Animal care for pets in homeless shelter
157 people are interested
Our Pet Program shelters dogs, cats, and other pets whose owners are experiencing homelessness and are linked up with social services in Cincinnati. We care for these owner's animals until they secure pet-friendly permanent housing and are able to be reunited with their animal. We typically have 15-20 animals in shelter. We are in need of volunteers to come in and help the pet program coordinator take care of these animals while their families are working to achieve self-sufficiency and move into housing. The amount of animals we have differs from week to week. Responsibilities would include:
- Giving water and food, based on specific instructions, to animals
- Cleaning litter boxes and outdoor dog area
- Spending time/playing with animals for exercise and social well-being
- Communicating with the Pet Coordinator about any problems or issues
Shifts would be approximately 2 hours on any day of the week.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
990 Nassau St.Cincinnati, OH 45206
- Animal Care / Handling
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Hours per shift