If you love yoga, being outside and Piedmont Park, sign up to volunteer at YOGA on the Promenade! This free event in Piedmont Park is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market and Piedmont Park Conservancy.
Yoga on the Promenade Dates:
- 2017 Event Dates: 4/24, 5/22, 6/26, 7/24, 8/28, 9/25, and 10/23
- If the weather is nice, this event may extend through December 2017.
General Volunteer Information:
- Volunteer Shift: 6:15 PM - 7:15 PM.
- Volunteer Check In: Please check-in with Conservancy staff at the Conservancy Information Table on The Promenade.
- Volunteer Tasks: Volunteers will be assisting with greeting and directing guests to The Promenade.
- What to wear: This event takes place outdoors on the Promenade in Piedmont Park. Please dress for the elements and in shoes that are comfortable to stand in.
- Weather: This event takes place rain or shine. If it rains, the event will be moved indoors in Magnolia Hall.
Event Information and Volunteer Benefits:
- Yoga is from 7 - 8 PM.
- Volunteers are welcome to join in the free yoga class when their shift ends at 7:15 PM. Please bring your own mat.
Directions and Parking:
- Piedmont Park is located approximately 2 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta. The park runs along 10th Street (a block west of 10th & Monroe Avenue to a block east of 10th & Piedmont Avenue) and Piedmont Avenue (12th & Piedmont to just before 15th & Piedmont) in midtown Atlanta. Piedmont Park is accessible by car, bike, walking, and MARTA.
- Volunteers may park in the Parking Garage. To access the Parking Garage, enter via the Atlanta Botanical Gardens main entrance (1345 Piedmont Avenue, Atlanta, GA, 30309) or from Monroe Drive (1320 Monroe Dr., NE, Atlanta, GA 30306).
- Please note that NO PARKING VALIDATIONS are given at the parking garage located in the park.
To sign up to volunteer for this fun event OR to learn more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- One hour and 15 minutes
- Comfortable standing for more than an hour outdoors. Enjoy greeting people and giving directions.