Sirovich Center for Balanced Living is a hub of recreational, social, cultural, educational, and health programming for people aged 60+. We provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner to older adults Monday-Friday as well as leveled exercise classes, health screenings, and a variety of arts and culture classes.
In a senior center such as ours, there is always plenty to do, and sharing your time with us is one of the greatest gifts you can give.
We are currently looking for volunteer to help out our dinner program with meal prep and service. You will be:
- Working with a multi-generational team of teens, college students, young adults, and senior adults who will grow and develop the dinner program
- Meet new friends and make a lasting impact on the people you meet
- Gain leadership and relationship-building skills
Have to be comfortable on your feet
- Duties: Prepare meals, wash down tables, and deliver food, beverages, and smiles to our participants.
- Time Commitment:
- Volunteers serve flexible hours from Monday-Friday, 2-6pm
- On average, volunteers serve a minimum 2-7 of hours per week
- Minimum 1 day a week commitment required for least 3 months.
- Requirements: must be steady on your feet, stay focused on delivering meals without getting caught up in conversations, and willing to wear plastic gloves, apron, and a glamorous hairnet.
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- at least once a week