- Do you like meeting people from around the world?
- Do you have a passion for helping others?
- Do you have experience in the food service industry?
- Do you consider yourself a 'MultiCulti Foodie’?
Career Pathways Navigators serve as coaches helping immigrants prepare for ServSafe Certification and become a Qualified Food Operator. While helping immigrants study for the certification exam, you would also provide them with insight about the food service industry in the U.S. The project’s goals are to provide newcomer immigrants a path to self-sufficiency, as well as, greater access to both networking and employment opportunities in the food and hospitality industry.
It is important that both the mentors and the mentees have the time and dedication to meet 2 hours a week for a duration of at least three months.
Learn more by contacting Hartford Public Library’s Immigrant Career Pathways Coordinator Email email@example.com or Tel. (860) 695- 6292.
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Food Service
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 Hours/week at your discretion
- A background check must be conducted upon acceptance of the volunteer position