WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where200 McChord Street (Hanger 1)Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB)Washington, DC 20032
The Tuskegee Cadet Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol, located at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) in Washington, DC, seeks volunteers with an interest in resource management to assist in the oversight of Squadron property.
Location: Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, D.C.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per month
- Advising the commander on issues related to supplies, equipment, transportation, and facilities.
- Managing CAP property and the budgets allocated to acquire and maintain it.
- Arranging Squadron transportation for events and activities, as necessary.
- Completing supply inventories and inspecting Squadron property as needed.
- Mentoring cadets assigned to or interested in logistics-related duty positions.
- Supervising assistants, Supply Officers, and Transportation Officers.
- Familiarizing themselves with the organization, missions, publications, and policies of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Regularly attending weekly squadron meetings, held on Monday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Strong organizational skills and people skills.
- Ability to enter data into and generate reports from an online database system.
- Aged 18 or older.
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all internal regulations and procedures
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to obtain a CAP Driver's License (i.e., driving record free of major incidents) and operate a 12-passenger van.
- Enthusiasm for community service and working with youth.
- Access to logistics and leadership training and opportunities.
- Formal recognition of training, qualification, and experience through CAP's Logistics Officer Specialty Track.
- Training and mentoring available from higher headquarters' Logistics Officers.
- Networking and training at Wing, Region, and National Conferences.
Civil Air Patrol, the official auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, is a nonprofit organization with 58,000 members nationwide. In its Air Force Auxiliary role, CAP performs about 85 percent of continental U.S. inland search and rescue missions. Its unpaid professionals also perform homeland security, disaster relief, and drug interdiction missions at the request of federal, state, and local agencies. The members play a leading role in aerospace education and serve as mentors to more than 24,000 young people currently participating in CAP's Cadet Program. Visit www.capvolunteernow.com for more information.
The Tuskegee Cadet Squadron is the newest squadron in the National Capital Wing. This squadron is primarily dedicated to the implementation of the CAP Cadet Program, which encourages young people between the ages of 12 and 20 to develop leadership skills, meet physical and intellectual challenges, and serve their communities.
In addition to position-specific duties, all members are encouraged to participate in Civil Air Patrol’s Emergency Services, Aerospace Education, and Cadet Program missions. A wide variety of Emergency Services and other training opportunities are available if desired, though participation is not required.
To apply, please email a letter of interest to Major Jacob Gerstein at email@example.com with the subject line "DW: Logistics".
- Resource Development / Management
- Transportation Management
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per month
- Willingness to become a member of the Civil Air Patrol and comply with all regulations & procedures.
- Historical Researcher
- Activities Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Science, Technology,...
- Public Affairs Expert
- Finance Specialist
- Project Manager
- Recruiting Specialist
- Leadership Mentor for Youth
- Executive Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Health and Wellness Advisor
- Logistics Manager
- Online Recruiting Manager
- Professional Development...
- Supply Management Specialist