Open Hearts Internships are designed to expand the depth and breadth of academic learning for students in their particular areas of study. It is an opportunity for students to receive experience in applying theories learned in the classroom to specific experiences in the community and work world. An internship can also heighten student awareness of community issues, motivate students to create opportunities, embrace new ideas, and give direction to positive change.
Open Hearts is looking for a dynamic intern to help support the marketing and development efforts of our organization, as well as provide administrative and event coordination assistance as needed. This unpaid position is part-time and hours are flexible. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of non-profit development and marketing.
Essential Functions (duties):
1. Assist in writing monthly newsletter and email marketing content
2. Assist in collecting, managing and developing content for social media accounts and website
3. Design flyers and other collateral materials
4. Assist in planning of community and fundraising events
5. Maintain and update contact database (Constant Contact) and donor database (e-Tapestry)
6. Assist in processing donations and preparing acknowledgment letters and tax receipts
7. Outreach to businesses and individuals to establish relationships for donations as requested
8. Research grant and foundation funding opportunities
9. Assist in drafting proposals for applicable funding opportunities
Minimum Education and Experience: Active student in Bachelor’s or Master’s program preferably in marketing, communications, non-profit management or other related major.
- Possess an Arizona driver’s license and state mandated auto insurance.
- Possess or be able to obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a 5-panel drug screen.
Competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Donor Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year commitment