The Workshop Developer is expected to work at least 2 hours a week with the exception of extra hours attending classes that they schedule. The HiveBio workshop developer works closely with Education department personnel to accomplish the following tasks:
· Develop new HiveBio workshops, creating curriculum for HiveBio workshops including hands on activities, lecture materials, and documenting the workshop so that the curriculum can be shared with other teachers
· Schedule classes at HiveBio and attend the classes to ensure that the participants are checked in and have a great learning experience. The Workshop Developer would show up early to prepare for the class and stay after the class to clean up the lab.
· Ideally the workshop developer would also function as a HiveBio teacher, however this is not required
· Communicate through the HiveBio Education department e-mail account with prospective teachers and students to keep up with the needs of the Education department and the HiveBio community.
· Attend HiveBio executive meetings and assist with administrative work, as needed.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- ~10 hours/week remotely, attend meetings