The Education Outreach Coordinator will work directly with Workshop Developers, HiveBio Teachers, Classroom Assistants and HiveBio Executives to accomplish HiveBio Education goals. The Education Outreach Coordinator is expected to work at least 2 hours a week with the exception of extra hours attending classes that they schedule. This position includes the following responsibilities:
· Seeking out volunteer teachers and supporting those teachers in the development of new and existing classes at HiveBio.
· Seeking out students and marketing existing HIveBio classes to the community to raise attendance at HiveBio workshops.
· Working with HiveBio volunteer teachers via e-mail and phone to help them develop their own curriculum and put forth a class with the HiveBio brand (usually a collaborative effort with a 3rd party organization). This works consists of helping the teacher define a "statement of purpose" for the class, keeping them on track to develop a class, acquire materials for the class, schedule the class, be there with the teacher on the day of the class to let them in to the lab, make sure their needs are met during the class, follow up with them after the class and maintain that relationship with that person.
· Must be comfortable starting conversations with strangers about the awesomeness of HiveBio!
· This position requires regular email communication and attendance of events and meetings as well as the documentation of outreach/workshop development processes.
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- ~10 hours/week remotely, attendance to meetings