About Resilience Design
Resilience Design is a 100% volunteer run 501(c) (3)tax-exempt charitable organization founded by three colleagues with experience in volunteer management, project and policy analysis, disaster response, educational programming, and nonprofit development.
Resilience Design seeks to support nonprofits, businesses, and government agencies regarding disaster resilience and community engagement as well as to build inclusive development programs that inspire youth to improve their communities. We hope to reduce the discrepancy between stop-gap measures and long-term resilience development utilizing a holistic view of the community.
Reporting to Education Program Manager, the Education Program Project Lead will develop and enhance the disaster education curriculum for Resilience Design’s Education Programs
- Disaster Education Research
- Lesson plan creation
- Curriculum Development and Implementation
- Resource and Personnel Networking
- Curriculum Evaluation and Review
We are seeking highly motivated volunteers who can commit up to 3 hours a week for 3 months and will tackle all projects with enthusiasm. Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong interest in K-12 education
- Experience working with children and young adults
- Experience working in public schools and afterschool programs
Aside from networking with other Volunteers and multi-disciplinary professionals, Resilience Design offers volunteers the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas:
- Professional Experience
- Networking with Industry Experts
- Development Opportunities
Applicants who are interested, should send their resume to email@example.com.
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- up to 3 hours a week for 3 months