Do you have a passion for science and want to help MoSS: Museum of Science and Sustainability meet their mission of inspiring and educating people in their own communities in the fields of science and sustainable living
As a MoSS Science Team Member, you will serve in a leadership role within the Science Team of the Exhibits Committee. You'll use your science expertise to provide feedback regarding our mobile exhibits each year. You will provide insights and input to new and current exhibits as well as conduct research to ensure the accuracy of each exhibit.
- Attend a majority of Exhibits Committee meetings. (Meetings of the entire committee are minimal.)
- Attend a majority of Science Team meetings (approximately every 3-5 weeks).
- Communicate with Exhibits Committee members regularly via Trello.
- Contribute to general Science Team exhibit brainstorming.
- Take a leadership role with regard to three to five permanent exhibits each year (leadership role tasks would include, but not be limited to, exhibit planning, purchasing, budgeting, creation of exhibit materials, creation of collateral materials, and training the Events Committee lead for the exhibit).
Science Team Leader and Exhibits Director
Length of Opportunity:
Ongoing throughout the year, peak times during the school year (August to May)
In person time: 2-4 hours per month; Independent work time: 2-5 hours per week
- Background in science and/or sustainability or science or sustainability education
- Skilled at teamwork and team communication
- Lift 50lbs
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
Varies. Most meetings take place at a maximally convenient location for all team members chosen by the Exhibits Director and/or the Science Team Lead.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours per week virtual 2-4 in person per month