The National Law Center on Homelessness & Poverty is seeking a motivated, highly organized undergraduate student or recent college graduate to intern with the Law Center. The internship will provide the student with the opportunity to learn about homelessness and poverty in the United States while developing his/her fundraising, event management, research, communications and outreach skills.
The Law Center, a private non-profit in Washington D.C., is the only organization solely dedicated to using the power of the law to end and prevent homelessness. Since its founding, the Law Center has been a catalyst for critical civil and human rights advocacy.
Responsibilities May Include the Following:
* Create copy for and make regular updates to the Law Center website, social media and new media outlets, and digital publications
* Develop and maintain media lists
* Track media coverage of the Law Center
* Update the Law Center's social networking pages
* Assist with direct mail and e-appeal efforts
* Assist with organization of events
* Assist with prospect research for current and potential prospects
* Assist with management of electronic and physical files
* Provide administrative support to the Development and Communications staff
* Research innovative development and communication strategies
The ideal candidate will be a mature, organized, detail-oriented undergraduate, graduate, or recent graduate with a passion for social justice and antipoverty work, an eye for detail, and a desire to develop research and communications skills while learning about non-profit development. Applicants should possess strong oral, written and organizational skills, as well as prior work experience with social media tools, data management tools, and Internet and other research tools. The internship is unpaid.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter, resume, short writing sample, and list of three references to HR@nlchp.org. No phone calls, please.
- Program Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 weeks