Any Baby Can seeks enthusiastic, dedicated applicants for a Communications Intern. The Communications Intern will have the opportunity to learn the daily functions of a comprehensive, quality communications and outreach team at an Austin-based nonprofit, while gaining experience in the design and distribution of digital and print marketing campaigns.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the intern will play a key role in supporting the goals of the Communications team.
- Support the promotion of agency classes, events and groups through communication via online channels, including social and events calendars.
- Organize schedules and maintain projects in project management system
- Assist in creation of marketing materials and press releases
- Attend and support agency’s mission at outreach events
- Complete Administrative tasks (i.e. data entry, drafting emails, transcribing meetings notes, etc.)
- Pitch ideas and assist with the design of email marketing campaigns.
- Support communications activities with graphic design and copyediting skills.
- Track social media and email marketing analytics to articulate messaging to all constituents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and trends
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Undergraduate or graduate student in Communications, Marketing or related field. Internship must be completed for course credit.
- Available for consistent work schedule during operating hours of 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. for a minimum of ten hours per week, with flexible hours depending on class schedule.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum of 10 hours per week