Hospice Nurses of Georgia volunteers provide patient care and support according to his/her experience and training and in compliance with organization policies. Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Serves as an integral member of the hospice interdisciplinary group amid various settings: home care, respite, inpatient, bereavement and/or administrative office duties.
- Participates in general orientation.
- Serves the patient and family/caregiver under guidance of Volunteer Coordinator and registered nurse (Case Manager) or as part of the administrative team.
- Serves as a companion in the home offering socialization activities that the volunteer has been prepared for and has agreed to perform. The volunteer may do homemaker chores, run errands, and provide much needed respite care as well.
- Provides input into the plan of care and interdisciplinary meetings, as appropriate.
- Documents as educated and instructed maintaining confidentiality.
- Meets all health requirements set by Family Hospice Care.
- Provides availability on a regular basis and/or keeping with the patient and family/caregiver needs.
- Participates in volunteer support groups and/or educational in-services.
- Maintains open communication and reports regularly to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Assignment of other duties (as needed) directed by the Volunteer Coordinator.
Position Qualifications Mature individual, supportive of the hospice concept, comfortable with his/her own spirituality and willing to serve others in a volunteer capacity. Successful completion of the hospice's volunteer training and orientation program. Previous volunteer experience may be helpful. Ability to work within an interdisciplinary group. Must have a valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance. Human Resources Requirements for Volunteers:
- TB test
- Drug test
- Background check
- Policies and Procedures
Hospice Nurses of Georgia provides services without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability (mental or physical), communicable disease or place of national origin.
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Crisis Counseling
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Varies by service