Welcoming the Stranger is an educational ministry that offers free classes in English as a Second Language(ESL), computer skills and United states citizenship exam prep to adult immigrants. the mission of the program is to teach skills to immigrants that assist them in transition to life in the US.
The Program coordinator assist all volunteers with their work plans for their groups as they move forward with tutoring in learning skills, provides encouragement to those in need and creates ideas to make a fun learning environment for the students.
Current needs include Monday evenings, Wednesday Mornings
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One time weekly with morning or evening available
- Pease be available for a twelve week session
- G.E.M. (Generations...
- Lunch Bunch Mentor Program ( ...
- APPRISE Can you help those on...
- Mentors needed throughout Bucks...
- Help Older Adults stay Active! -...
- Get ready to help Teaching ESL...
- Immediate need for Home...
- Benefits Assistance Volunteer...
- Children + Tutor = Success
- Medication Education for Seniors