Job Summary - Intern will work closely with the CAM program manager to complete applications for Central American minors to be admitted to the United States through the refugee program.
- Complete applications for Central American minors through meetings with local applicant US-ties.
- Participate in biweekly staff meetings.
- Manage client files and track necessary services.
- Maintain open and direct communication with the program manager and other ECDC staff.
- Assist the program manager with other tasks as directed.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Present by Internship Completion or Before):
- Currently completing undergraduate degree or recent graduate required.
- Spanish proficiency required.
- Commitment to mission: to help refugees rebuild safe, sustainable lives through supportive networks of people, services and community activities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Use of personal computer and vehicle a plus.
- Intercultural communication skills and experience a plus.
- Interest in working in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledgeable about and sensitive to the experiences of refugees and immigrants.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite). Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet use.
- Background check and clean DMV record.
- Understanding of Central American Minor application process.
- Understanding of the timelines and processes refugees go through from arrival-5 years.
- Increased intercultural communication competency.
- Exposure to basic non-profit operations and environment.
- Knowledge of marginalized populations - challenges and opportunities.
- Experience working with limited English proficiency populations.
- Knowledge of immigrant benefits systems.
- Ability to navigate of social service systems.
- Basic ability to keep case notes and maintain case files to State Department standards.
- People Skills
- Case Work / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment