Social Media and Web Content Assistant
32 people are interested
Social Media and Web Content Assistant
- Work directly with business manager and assist in developing the online marketing work plan calendar.
- R esearch and write blog posts on topics designed to inspire our customers with creative projects using thrift store purchased items.
- Update our customer and donor community on:
- sale events
- mission related topics and social services updates
- donation information
- volunteer recruitment and employment opportunities.
- Deploy partner supplied marketing videos and other materials through multiple web and social media channels.
- Photograph interesting items for social posts on a weekly basis.
- Help with other advertising and ad copy as time allows.
Working conditions and other requirements
- Work on location using a supplied work station.
- Strong computer and internet user
- Good communication skills to facilitate the successful execution of projects and timelines
- Ability to work independently
- Sitting, typing and composing messages.
- Taking pictures (your equipment or ours, depending on your preferences)
- Proficient in social media and website platforms; Facebook, Instagram, Constant Contact email news and Squarespace.
- Ability to follow brand print and digital media guidelines.
- Skilled at graphic design and able to adapt to using available tools; Publisher and One Note for project management.
Estimated minimum time is 3-4 hours per week. Depending on your available time and ambition, the work can take place more frequently. Scheduling time is very flexible. We're here 7 days per week; you can pick early morning, afternoon or evening. The goal is to develop a regular marketing presence at fairly regular intervals to capture new business and engage our regular customers.
- Some of the work can be done remotely, but it is important to develop a good connection to the store, look for incoming merchandise that can generate interesting content, and make a solid connection with the business manager for the best outcome of projects.
Shifts and time away are easy to schedule using our online app from your computer or phone or we can manage your specified times for you. MITS offers an enjoyable social environment and we have a diverse work force from youth to seniors with all skill levels. Volunteer benefits include making new friends, progressive discounts for the number of hours you work, job training, work references, volunteer recognition events, and a snack bar to replenish your energy.
We are a nonprofit business that values a culture of community involvement, volunteer skills development, and reducing our community footprint on the planet through resale; the best form of recycling. We provide the major source of funding for the City of Mercer Island’s department of Youth & Family Services (MIYFS). Learn more about our mission at www.mercerislandthrift.org/about
About Mercer Island Thrift Shop
7710 SE 34th Street, Mercer Island, WA 98040, US
The primary mission of Mercer Island Thrift Shop is to raise money to support the programs of Mercer Island Youth and Family Services (MIYFS).
Founded in 1970, Mercer Island Youth and Family Services is a department of the City of Mercer Island providing a variety of human services for Mercer Island citizens. The mission of MIYFS is "to provide, coordinate and advocate for affordable, high quality human services for the citizens of Mercer Island". Our philosophy is that coordinated community resources can help build stronger and healthier families and community by enhancing strengths, identifying problems and choices and sharing resources.
Assistance - We provide a safety net for Island residents experiencing a crisis.
Support -We provide programs that improve the health and well being of all Island residents.
Development - We empower Islanders to grow, enrich and strengthen our community.
We'll work with your schedule.
7710 SE 34th StreetMercer Island, WA 98040
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training