Resounding Joy uses therapeutic and recreational music programs to improve the social, emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being of individuals and communities. Since its inception, Resounding Joy has provided music therapy and recreational music services to more than 85,000 children and adults in the greater San Diego region. Resounding Joy board-certified staff music therapists and volunteers deliver services through four major programs that target four distinct underserved populations:
Healing Notes» music therapy to support children in medical care
Mindful Music» recreational music to empower seniors
Semper Sound» music therapy to assist military rehabilitation
Sound Minds» music therapy to facilitate preschool development
The Resounding Joy vision is to expand international awareness and to increase access to the power of music for recreational and therapeutic purposes.
This volunteer opportunity will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to significantly contribute to the number of individuals reached with recreational and supportive music. The volunteer will assist in numerous and varied projects including communicating and coordinating with Joy Givers, assisting with special events, and managing critical administrative projects.
Estimated Time Required: 5-10 hours per week. Schedules are flexible & family-friendly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain volunteer email account;
- Coordinate annual volunteer appreciation party;
- Work with staff to determine needs and place appropriate volunteers;
- Ensure volunteers and facilities have completed appropriate paperwork;
- Assist with volunteer recruitment;
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of experience in management or related field
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Must function well in group and team settings, as well as independently
- Must be flexible and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and perform effectively and expeditiously under tight deadlines
- Must be able to pass background check & have reliable transportation
- Must possess interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences.
Reporting Relationships: Supervised by the Director of Development
This is an unpaid position and will require a minimum of 5 hours/week. Volunteer should commit to at least six months.
- Program Management
- Relationship Building
- Music Arts
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Arts Administration
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 5 hours per week