Regional Director - Eugene, Oregon
Location: Nationwide (Telecommute Volunteer Role)
Hours: 4-6 hours per week
You don’t need to be a lobbyist to help influence foreign policy. As a Regional Director, you’ll serve as a Borgen Project Ambassador in your city - mobilizing your friends, family and colleagues to contact Congress in support of key poverty reduction legislation.
- Meet with local congressional leaders and lobby for legislation that improves living conditions for the world’s poor.
- Mobilize people in your community to contact their congressional leaders to support poverty reduction legislation.
- Manage and implement fundraising campaigns.
- Build a network of people engaged in the cause.
- Serve as The Borgen Project’s ambassador in your city.
- Basic understanding of U.S. Politics and international development.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks while managing their work time efficiently.
- Strong team player that loves to bring new ideas to the table.
- Ability to demonstrate frequent independent judgment with decisiveness.
- Excellent overall communication skills: oral, written, presentation
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- 6 months, 4-6 hours per week