Each summer the Food Bank of Iowa receives thousands of pounds of fresh produce from the gardens at the Newton correctional facility, the farm in Madrid, corporate gardens and from distributors. This produce needs to be sorted and bagged for easier access for our partner agencies.
Rinse produce (if needed)
Sort and bag/box produce
No experience necessary!
Volunteers must be 10 years old or older to work in the warehouse.
Wear comfortable, layered clothing. It can get chilly in the warehouse.
Closed-toe shoes are required to work in the warehouse.
All training will be done onsite as the shift starts.
Staff will be available throughout the shift for questions and support.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 10
- 1.5 hours
- Drive for the Food Bank of Iowa!
- Sort Donated Food for Iowans in...
- Drive for Food Bank of Iowa to...
- Hand Food Out to Families in...
- Box Food for Hungry Iowans
- Food Labelers Needed!
- Feed Hungry Kids - Backpack...
- Fresh Food for Iowans in Need -...
- Help get Produce out to Hungry...
- Food Pantry Volunteers Needed!
- Pantry Volunteers Needed-...