The SF Sol Soccer Coach supports the mission of its umbrella non-profit organization Girls Leading Girls: to teach skill, empower leadership, and build character while growing strong athletes with positive female role models. Our club focuses on women coaching girls in soccer. We provide a system of training, motivation, team governance, and game strategy that fits the needs and differences of girls. Currently, our club has 12 teams in prep, travel, and recreational divisions and10 female coaches, all with extraordinary backgrounds in soccer and youth development.
Each SF Sol Coach provides leadership, structure, and support at weekly soccer practices and games. You will gain leadership skills, experience working with youth, and you join a network of female leaders. No former coaching experience necessary.
- Attend all Girls Leading Girls coach trainings and professional development sessions.
- Plan and execute soccer practices for 10 - 16 girls each week, focusing on soccer and lifeskill development. Training curriculum, soccer equipment, and administrative support all provided by GLG.
- Warm-up players, provide the starting line-up and strategy, and coach soccer games each weekend.
- Commit to showing up on time, properly dressed, and prepared to coach each week.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with Girls Leading Girls staff, your team manager, parents, and players.
- Read (and respond when necessary) to weekly email bulletins and other communications.
- Volunteer at Girls Leading Girls special events, community-service projects, and fundraisers.
Qualifications: Understanding of youth soccer culture and rules of the game. Must have strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Must be organized, patient, reliable, and able to multi-task. Taking initiative is required in this role. Background check and TB test are required for coaches over 17. Former coaching experience not required.
- Child Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3-20 hours per week
- Background check and TB test required for volunteers over 17 years of age