Volunteer Door Personnel
WhenSun Jan 01, 2017 - Fri Jan 13, 2017
WhereLajas de YaroaSantiago, DO
Partners for Rural Health in the Dominican Republic (PRHDR) is recruiting Door Personnel, who will assist at our medical clinics in the Dominican Republic. This position will take place from December 31 to January 12, 2017.
This person will:
- Be responsible for assisting patients from the intake area to the station where they will receive their consultation;
- Be one of the first people encountered by all patients and guests;
- Provide courteous and respectful customer service;
- Responsible for making sure all supplies are loaded on trucks each morning; and
- Be responsible for collecting basic patient information (height and weight). Information must be accurate and clearly written.
Experience - No experience required.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality;
- Some Spanish skills (desirable);
- Strong interpersonal skills required;
- Pleasant, courteous, friendly manner and appearance;
- Good organizational skills;
- Must be able to relate to and work with people who are ill, disabled, elderly and living in very basic conditions; and
- Must have the ability to live and work in rural areas with basic living and working conditions.
Partners for Rural Health in the Dominican Republic is a 501(c)3 registered organization that has been working in remote areas of the Dominican Republic for over 20 years. PRHDR is dedicated to delivering high-quality healthcare to our clients, embracing integrity, responsibility, respect, accountability and excellence. Our mission is to offer transformative learning opportunities for future healthcare leaders in Maine and beyond through working closely with underserved communities to improve health in the Dominican Republic. Building connections. Changing lives. Fostering leadership. Our vision is to offer powerful global health experience for students and volunteers. Consistent, quality health care and strong partnerships in Dominican communities.
As a member of the PRHDR team, you will have the chance to develop your skills, have an impact in remote communities, and be a part of delivering healthcare in low-resource settings. For more information about PRHDR please see www.prhdr.org.
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Two weeks - Dec 31 to Jan 12 2017