You can change the life of a young person in the Austin community forever. You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be there! As a role model and mentor for the Southwest Key program you are helping to keep kids out of institutions and home with their families, in their communities.
- Change the life of a young person forever
- Become a role model & friend
- Help youth realize potential
- Watch mentee grow
How Does it Work?
- Spend a min of 4 hours a month with mentee (can be broken down however you please)
- Spend time doing things you love or trying new activities with your mentee (hiking, fishing, attend sporting event, live music, festivals, etc.)
- No monetary commitment. You can attend free local events and have a blast without spending any money!
- Use Southwest Key as a resource for fun activities through our monthly newsletter
- Engage with fellow mentors during mentor only events
Join our mentor group and help make a difference in a young person's life today!
- Outdoor Recreation
- Case Work / Management
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year; 4 hours/monthly
- Valid vehicle insurance