Committed individuals with backgrounds in human services, the arts or education needed to serve on the Education Committee of the Alpha Workshops Studio School (alphaworkshops.org). The Committee will work closely with the Executive Director and the School Director and will be responsible for:
- Developing annual/long-term objectives for the school that will bring the school to capacity;
- Ensuring that the educational programs are consistent with the school’s mission;
- Developing, with staff, evaluation tools to measure outcomes/ impact;
- Establishing policy and promoting professional development of the staff;
- Developing fund-raising and marketing strategies for the school; and
- Recruiting other committee members who represent an array of talent, abilities and connections that support the mission of the school.
The Committee will, at a minimum, meet quarterly (September, December, March and June) at a time that is convenient for the majority of the committee - generally evenings. Strongest candidates will have at a minimum, a Baccalaureate Degree and/or significant experience in the nonprofit, educational or artistic arenas.
Interested candidates are asked to send a resume and cover letter to Dr. Leisa Herrera at email@example.com. Expressions of inquiry that do not include a resume and cover letter cannot be acknowledged.
- Resource Development / Management
- Adult Education
- Interior / Exterior Design
- Visual Arts
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 Hours Quarterly
- B.A. / B.S. / B.F.A Degree or higher required.