Pan-African Association’s (PAA) mission is to serve, empower, and promote the integration of refugees, asylees, and immigrants from Africa and around the world. We serve over 1,000 refugees each year through our programs in workforce development, case management, mentoring, citizenship / civic education and immigration, and health and wellness. Recently, PAA created an Associate Board to complement its Board of Directors and further the organization’s mission. We are seeking young professionals (1 - 8 years of work experience) who are enthusiastic about furthering PAA’s mission and having a meaningful impact on their Chicago community. This is a great opportunity for young professionals to have ownership of influential projects and initiatives and be an inaugural member of an Associate Board.
- Create an actively engaged network of young professionals to support PAA’s mission
- Increase awareness of refugee support in Chicago
- Host fundraising events that will capture the interest of the broader Chicago community
- Plan events to support the refugees we serve
Requirements & Commitment:
- Commit a minimum of one-year to the Associate Board
- Promote and plan annual fundraising events
- Attend meetings regularly and show commitment to all Board activities
- Represent and advocate for the organization to the community
Join us on Wednesday, October 5th, for an informational presentation to learn more about the work of Pan-African Association, your role on the Associate Board, and to ask questions. We look forward to meeting you!
The goal of the Associate Board will be to promote the mission of PAA through networking, fundraising, and special projects. If you are interested in becoming an Associate Board member, please fill out the application on our website (http://www.panafricanassociation.org/associate-board.html) and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a short introduction of yourself, why you are interested in the Associate Board, and a recent resume or CV. Visit our website at http://www.panafricanassociation.org/ to learn more about our work.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1 year minimum