Make a Difference! Volunteer to Support the Homeless
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
75 people are interested
Intern or Volunteer with ChangingThePresent.org to Support the Homeless and Make a Difference in Their Lives!
- Use your skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent to improve the lives of millions of men and women who do not have a home to go home to
- Help us capture for nonprofits that assist the Homeless - or other causes you care about -some of the $250 billion Americans spend each year buying presents
- Become a member of our dynamic and creative international team, and become a leader among those who care for the same causes as you do
- Help us grow a movement to facilitate and encourage a new type of meaningful giving through direct engagement of nonprofits, foundations, associations, thought leaders, media, and celebrities
- Work from our Manhattan office or remotely
- Enhance your resume and get a glowing letter of recommendation
Use and enhance your professional skills in any of these fields: strategy, partnerships, finance, communications, social media, graphics, research, community management, fundraising, sponsorships, Public Relations (PR), Human Resources (HR), marketing, event management, organizing, and activism.
Focus on the Homless or Your Other Favorite Cause
At ChangingThePresent you can focus on issues afflicting the Homeless population or any other favorite cause.
We Channel New Funds to Nonprofits
Americans spend $250 billion a year on birthday, holiday, and other presents, most of which make no difference in the lives of those who receive them. Tons of sweaters, furry slippers, and ties end up in the dark corners of our closets. Meanwhile, thousands of non-profit organizations desperately need more funding to help the Homeless and their families, and make a difference in their lives.
Some people, who seek meaning more than things, are starting to make donations in a friend’s name in lieu of giving traditional presents. However, most nonprofits cannot provide the rewarding gift-like experience-wish lists, gift registries, and personalized printed greeting cards-required to make that feel like a rewarding gift.
ChangingThePresent.org provides those tools to facilitate this type of giving for nonprofits and donors. Imagine the impact we can make together as more and more people adopt this as a norm.
The New York Times called us an "amazon.com of the nonprofit world" for our work in helping 400 leading nonprofits capture money normally spent on traditional presents. Now, we are about to offer this opportunity to all million nonprofits. You can help us reach all nonprofits that serve the Homeless, as well as individuals who would rather support them than buy another vase or picture frame.
This is a great place to work. We have had interns and volunteers from all over the United States and more than forty countries. The atmosphere is energetic, creative, and fun. We value brainstorming, initiative, sharing, and collaborating. Think of it is a laboratory, studio, seminar, or incubator. We are also casual. We are interested in your brains, creativity and heart, rather than your attire. Want to work in jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops? That’s fine with us.
Who, Where, When
- We are glad to hear from high school, undergraduate, and graduate students, as well as professionals who want to make a meaningful impact with their skills.
- Work at our office or remotely. We are conveniently located at 7th Avenue and 33 Street, across from Penn Station in Manhattan.
- Full-time or part-time, school-year or summer, day or evening, weekday or weekend. We are glad to have your help whenever and wherever you are available.
- We provide a great opportunity to make a meaningful change in the world, but this is an unpaid position.
Learn More, Apply Now, and Share
Are you ready for a great experience and eager to make a difference?
Send a resume and short cover letter to: join@ChangingThePresent.org
We would like to hear how you can help, what causes you are passionate about, whether you would like to work from our office or remotely, and when you can start. If you want more information, you can also see an illustrated presentation at www.ChangingThePresent-Join.org.
We encourage you to spread the word about us via social media and other channels. The Banners page of this site has images that are the right size for Facebook and Twitter.
About Changing The Present
401 7th Avenue, level B, New York, NY 10001, US
We are launching our new website, which involves inviting the participation of all one million nonprofits, providing each with their own private gift site, and promoting this growing social norm: You don’t have to buy stuff to show your love; instead, you can do something meaningful in a friend’s name.
ChangingThePresent is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which helps channel to nonprofits some of the $250 Americans spend each year on birthday, holiday, and other gifts, by making the experience of giving a donation in a friend’s name feel like a gift with tangible giving opportunities, wish lists, registries, and beautiful, personalized printed greeting cards. The New York Times referred to the site as an "amazon.com of the nonprofit world." You may recognize this as the approach proven by Heifer International, which raises $115 million a year by letting people donate to fund farm animals in a friend’s name. If farm animals can attract that much money, imagine how much is available for more popular causes.
We'll work with your schedule.
401 7th Avenue, level BNew York, NY 10001
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Human Resources Assistance
- Administrative Support
- Must be at least 17