Do you enjoy working with youth? Do you think a positive academic mentor is important for young people? If you have a basic understanding of 8th grade-level concepts and want to make a difference in your community, we'd love to have you join our Homework Club team.
STAND! For Families Free of Violence is a catalyst for breaking the multi-generational cycle of violence, promoting safe and strong relationships, and rebuilding lives. Our Kinship program operates out of Antioch and supports caregivers and their families to overcome a variety of obstacles. Your role will be to support the young folks (typically ages 7-11) to receive positive, patient, and essential academic support at our Homework Club (Mon 4-6pm; Wed 3-5pm).
- At least one shift per week for a minimum of one school semester (prefer one school year)
- On-the-job training provided
- Fingerprint and background check required
- Learn effective communication, tutoring, and active listening skills
- Provide help to young students experiencing turmoil and create positive experiences each week
To get started, visit www.standffov.org/volunteer and submit an application - noting your specific interest in this volunteer role.
- Child Development
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours/week for one school semester