Coborn Cancer Center is seeking Pet Partners Teams to volunteer with patients. Animal-Assisted Therapy has been shown to help people through interactions with pets to help with pain issues, reduce stress, lessen anxiety and bring smiles to patient's faces.
If you are interested in helping people in the Coborn Cancer Center please contact Alison Dahlin, Program Development Specialist at 320-229-5199 ext. 70857.
Volunteer trainer/handler will use their Pet Partners registered animal to work with patients in a specific treatment modality, based on a written individualized treatment plan/goal or to promote improvement in human physical, social, emotional, and/or cognitive functioning. Registration as Pet Partner Therapy Team is required: visit www.petpartners.org for more information. Health and immunization record of the animal including vet exam within last 12 months and rabies and distemper vaccines.
Note: Potential applicants are not required to take any Therapy Dog classes which are not sanctioned by Pet Partners.
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours weekly
- Pet Partners registration
- Join Project HEAL
- General Orientation Tour Guide
- Pet Partners (Animal Assisted...
- STEP Force - Emergency Trauma...
- Bird Buddy - Melrose
- Hospice Volunteer
- Heart Failure Support Group Helper
- Recovery Plus - Recovery Coaches
- Monticello Same Day Surgery...
- Clara's House
- CentraCare Health Plaza Float Pool
- Resident Helper / 1:1 - Melrose
- Cardiac Rehab
- Life Legacy Hospice Volunteers
- STEP Force (Speedy Transport...
- St. Benedict Senior Community -...
- Business Center - Office Support
- Medical Alert Service...
- Auxiliary - Paynesville
- Hospice Bereavement Volunteer