For InnerCity Tennis (ICT) Board, staff and volunteers, it is all about the children. The center of our universe is creating the opportunity for children and youth to manifest their greatest potential - on and off court. With staff, teaching professionals and dozens of invaluable volunteers, we collaborate to give each child a pathway toward accomplishment, whether that be with a tennis stroke, learning geometry via the court, developing a unique literary voice through the annual Arthur Ashe Essay Contest or finding fulfilment through service learning with younger children at our Super Saturday program.
Job Title : ICT Public Speaking Intern
Job Objective: The ICT Public Speaking Intern reports to the Program Director and/or Volunteer Coordinator. They are primarily responsible for delivering excellence in youth developmental programs.
Job Description: The ICT Public Speaking Intern is responsible for the following:
- Delivering the communications portion of Level 1 during ICT's Super Saturday Program
- Working with volunteers to ensure quality in Level 1 of Super Saturday
- Work directly with youth in our programs
- Monitoring and evaluation programs
- Saturdays from 1 pm to 5 pm
- January to April
Skills and Characteristics:
- Working toward a degree in Communication
- Upbeat attitude with a willingness to learn and adapt
- Excellent communication skills with ability to multi-task
- Must enjoy working with kids
The position of ICT Public Speaking Intern is a stipend position and ICT will seek to provide individuals with the best hands-on learning opportunity. This position will be evaluated corresponding to their class/institutional standard, alongside Program Directors weekly check-in.
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment