WOW! is currently recruiting volunteer Board Members to serve a two year term. As catalysts for the Museum’s continued growth and increasing impact in the community, this is an opportunity to develop your leadership skills, serve our mission and make great things happen for WOW! Our Board supports the Museum through each member’s unique skills, interests, background, and contacts, both professional and personal. We are particularly interested in board members with these skills:
- Community Leader/Fundraiser: WOW! is seeking a community leader to provide guidance in identifying, and evaluating major new prospects; and in setting appointments with major prospects and soliciting their donations. This individual should have a passion for the organization and ability to speak with enthusiasm about upcoming projects.
- Business Development Expert: WOW! is seeking a professional with experience in making strategic business decisions to increase profitability. This individual will provide guidance to board and staff on strategy, planning and problem solving, sharing their expert business skills and knowledge.
- Legal Advisor: WOW! is seeking a Board member with a legal background to provide professional support, advice and guidance on a volunteer basis. This individual will assist the Museum in compliance with legal requirements and may review and prepare documents, as needed.
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 to 5 hours a month
- 2 year term