Background: The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Scope of Service: The AmeriCorps member will be a member of the Health and Wellness Program to address barriers to health and wellness for refugee and asylee clients through Intensive Case Management (ICM) services. Included are clients with serious medical and mental-health conditions; Congolese clients; the elderly; LGBTI clients; single mothers; and victims of sexual and gender-based violence. The AmeriCorps member will be responsible for providing comprehensive support to ICM clients to address barriers to social determinates of health, assist with recruiting and managing volunteers for the ICM program, and help conduct client satisfaction surveys. This position will report directly to the Care Linkage Coordinator.
- Conduct health and wellness client assessments at 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months interims after the ICM enrollment
- Develop individualized service plans based on client needs
- Map community assets and help make referrals to community partners
- Assist in scheduling and accompanying clients to health and wellness appointments as appropriate
- Educate clients on U.S. healthcare and social service systems
- Input client health and wellness information into IRC’s database
- Communicate client concerns with ICM staff and coordinate health and wellness service plan with supervisor
- Assist with the recruitment and management of volunteers for the ICM program
- Assist in rolling out client satisfaction surveys, compile the results, and provide findings to ICM team
- Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma, a GED equivalent or be willing to earn one while serving (undergraduate degree strongly preferred)
- Must commit to one full year of service
Upon completion of service, AmeriCorps will be eligible for an education award of $5,775.
To apply, please fill out online application and upload resume.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year
- EL- Civics Education Intern
- Computer Literacy Intern
- Immigration Program Intern
- Youth Futures Program Intern
- First Things First Women's...
- Economic Empowerment Intern
- English as a Second Language-...
- Community Health Promoter Intern
- Logistics Volunteer
- Job Placement Americorps
- Public Relations Intern
- Childcare Micro-enterprise...
- English as a Second Language...
- Fundraising Intern
- Donations Intern
- Employment Services Intern
- Logistics Intern
- Volunteer and External Relations...
- Economic Empowerment Volunteer
- Health and Wellness Americorps