Community Outreach Ambassador for Your School, Club, Team or Religious Group
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Would you like to practice your communications skills with people in your school or club or team or religious institution?We are looking for a Volunteer to generate awareness of the dire need for safe water in West Africa and what Wells Bring Hope is doing to help. You can decide just how you want to create this awareness.:
- You may want to speak at a meeting or show our video.
- You may choose to just make a poster for a bulletin board.
- You may wish to distribute brochures.
- You may want to create your own online Water Circle which tracks donations and encourage people to make donations there.
- You may want to organize a cookie sale, etc. and put the proceeds into your own Water Circle.
- Desire to help this worthy cause
- Good organizational skills
- 1-2 hours a month
- Do anything you think apropriate to create awareness of the cause.
- Encourage the organization to support WBH
Who are we? Wells Bring Hope drills wells to bring safe water to rural villages in Niger, West Africa, the poorest country in the world. We are committed to saving lives with safe water and providing sustainable solutions to transform lives. The burden of fetching water falls upon women, preventing the young girls from attending school and women from working productively for their families. Not only do we drill wells, but we also provide microfinance training for women after their time is freed up from the endless walking to get water for their families. We started in 2008 and have drilled more than 600 wells, providing safe water for more than a 600 million lives!
We are an all-volunteer organization, with just one paid employee, and we look upon our volunteers as essential team members who all work together to save lives with safe water in West Africa.
Your volunteering is more than just a drop in the bucket. It transforms lives for generations to come. And volunteering usually has a wonderfully positive affect on the volunteer, as well. For example, it will help you develop your leadership skills and communications skills.
For more information about our organization, please go to http://wellsbringhope.org and also visit us on Facebook.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
About Wells Bring Hope
N/A, Los Angeles, CA 90049, US
Wells Bring Hope is a non-profit committed to drilling wells to bring safe water to rural villages in Niger, West Africa, the poorest country in the world. Our vision: saving lives with safe water.
Wells Bring Hope is a non-profit committed to drilling wells to bring safe water to rural villages in Niger, West Africa. Niger is a place where contaminated water kills innocent victims, most often infants and young children.
- One out of seven children will die before the age of 5
- 40% have trachoma, which leads to blindness when untreated
- 85% of women cannot read or write
There is more to this sad story. The burden of getting water falls upon women and girls, who walk 4-6 back-breaking miles every day of their lives to find water. The result? Girls don't go to school--they must help their mothers with this dif ficult task. Women have no time to work to earn money to improve their quality of life.
When a well is drilled, 250-300 ft. into the ground, lives are transformed instantly. They have hope for their future.
- Water-borne diseases are virtually eliminated.
- Child mortality drops by 65%.
- Education becomes a reality for girls.
- Women micro-financing tools and education, which enables them to start small businesses and help provide for their families.
Founded in March 2008, Wells Bring Hope is an all volunteer, grass-roots organization. To see how many wells we've drilled and how many lives we've transformed, go to www.wellsbringhope.org/
While we have specific opportunities listed here, we are flexible and open to new ideas.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- 2-3 hours per month