Help make a difference in your community and volunteer to teach resume workshops! Volunteers needed at our Garden Street Family Shelter. We offer free resume workshops to the parents at our shelter in order to aid them in paving a pathway to success and self-sufficiency.
- Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position.
- Prepare resume workshop outline
- Provide group and individual instruction sessions.
- Assess participant’s areas for development and provide one on one tutoring to help them develop their resumes.
- Basic resume writing skills
- Knowledge of best teaching practices
- Ability to communicate with diverse population
- Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability & dependability.
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
- Adult Education
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Child Care Assistant
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- Administrative Aide
- ESL Teacher
- Guitar Instructor
- Resume Workshop Instructor
- Help with USDA food distribution
- GED Instructor
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Emergency Disaster Team Volunteer
- Bingo Assistant
- After School Program Tutor
- Social Media Guru
- Sunday School Teacher
- Program Assistant
- Part-time Chaplain
- Fitness Instructor