If you prefer working with people to working on issues, a Volunteer Coordinator for the Sierra Club Santa Lucia Chapter may be the job for you. The volunteer coordinator is the "welcome wagon" of the Sierra Club, responding to new members who have expressed an interest in volunteering and explaining to them how and where they can help. You don't need to know much about the issues; all that's needed is a willingness to help other people get plugged in by knowing what committees are looking for volunteers.
Under the direction of the Executive Committee of the Santa Lucia Chapter, the Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting new volunteers, as well as communicating and coordinating with active volunteers.
- Planning how and where to recruit volunteers and posting adverts.
- Process volunteer engagement requests using the online 'Interest Card.’
- Receive and route volunteers to related Committee Chairs.
- Planning for volunteer retention and replacement.
- Developing an orientation kit or volunteer handbook.
- Providing orientation for new volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong Computer Skills with Data management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Job Type: Part-Time Volunteer
- San Luis Obispo, CA
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-6 hours per week