An informed, engaged, and active membership promotes the basic mission, principles, goals and strategies of the national Sierra Club and the Santa Lucia Chapter. Development and implementation of Chapter goals and strategies are the responsibility of the entire membership. To achieve this aim, the Chapter has developed a Membership Engagement Campaign.
Under the direction of the Membership Engagement Coordinator, the Membership Engagement Correspondent is responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of communication with new and existing Sierra Club Santa Lucia Chapter members. The aim is to recruit new members, boost current member engagement, and thank donors for their generous support.
- Ensure new members are greeted into the Chapter, inform them about member resources, such as the Santa Lucian monthly newsletter, upcoming outings and events, and any current campaigns they can get involved with.
- Send emails to new and prospective members.
- Send general communications to members and donors including reminders and "Thank You’s."
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong Computer Skills with Data management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Job Type: Part-Time Volunteer
- San Luis Obispo, CA
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4-6 hours per week