Job Description : To support the work of Doing Good & provide mission-based leadership & strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by the Executive Director (ED), the Board-ED relationship is a partnership, the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical & expected.
Requirements: A passion for our mission to educate & engage communities by promoting & celebrating "Doing Good" through volunteerism.
- Provide financial oversight to Doing Good (approve annual budget)
- Financially support Doing Good annually with at least $1 personally & commit to bringing in at least $300 throughout the year through tickets sold, introductions to potential sponsors, personal or corporate donations, or general fundraising efforts
- Ensure Doing Good meets all legal & fiduciary responsibilities
- Participate hands-on in at least one (1) Doing Good committee or project
- Participate in the quarterly Board Meetings
- Participate in Doing Good events & activities throughout the year such as sponsorship meetings & events listed below
- Offer strategic insight to Doing Good
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the ED
- Contribute to the annual performance evaluation of the ED
- Participate in email conversations on a timely basis
- Recruit potential Board Members year-round with a priority of diversity - of age, race, ethnicity, sex, geography, religion, background in volunteerism & favored causes
- Represent Doing Good throughout the community
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Business Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Approximately 3-4 hours/month
- Experienced non-profit Board Members are preferred.