WhoWhatWhy is a nonprofit that doesn't take ads. We don't promote a partisan angle or push predictable views. We do dig deep, think hard, read a lot of history, ask a lot of questions, steer clear of establishment or consensus journalism, and write up what we find with verve. It's interesting, cool, meaningful work.
Would you like to get into the growing world of nonprofits and philanthropy? As a Fundraising Contact Administrator volunteer, you'll be playing a crucial role in our growth and development. This is an opportunity to help with our marketing and fundraising departments. The candidate will develop both strategic and tactical SalesForce skills while managing contacts for our fundraising department. You'll work from home generally but also meet frequently and work directly with the CEO to help manage our major donor contact database. Applicant must be based in New York City. Besides the great experience you will get, you will love us, as well as the cause you will be helping. Please thoroughly and carefully study our site, then tell us why you’d be a good fit. Please be aware that this is an unpaid volunteer job, but I promise you will love to work with us and will learn a lot!
Work directly with CEO to manage major donor contacts within Salesforce:
- Create notes, enter the information into Salesforce fields, and create relevant tasks to follow up.
- Work with the Salesforce team members to improve the system and address issues identified or raised by the CEO.
- Identify opportunities to improve the process or technology used to manage the donor contacts.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Good communication skills and "can-do" attitude.
- Organized and detail-oriented person preferred.
- Basic knowledge of SalesForce preferred.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Apprentice Reporter
- Editorial Coordinator
- Donor Network Coordinator
- HR Assistant (New York City)
- Head of Apprentice-Mentorship...
- Apprentice editor
- Content Partnership Manager
- Newsletter Editor
- Base Camp Analyst
- Brand Strategy/Insight Analyst
- Publicity Strategist
- Book Coordinator
- Basecamp Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Election Integrity Reporter
- Fundraising Contact...
- Recruiting Editor
- HR Assistant (New York Base Only)