The Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of the Community Service Society of New York matches the skills and interests of adults aged 55+ with NYC youth impacted by juvenile justice interactions or parental incarceration, mentoring them in skills to overcome challenges and to build on their strengths. RSVP Mentors will serve as part of a community of older citizens that 'has their back’ and assists youth as they navigate within ever shrinking resources in New York City. The RSVP staff provides you the training, placement and support at a number of nonprofit, community based partner organizations for youth. Be a Mentor with the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program!
For more information contact Karen Brown at email@example.com or telephone 212.614.5557.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Serve a year at site in your borough for 2hrs/week
- Become a Literacy Program...
- Become a Citizenship Tutor
- "Help Bring the Internet to...
- Healthy Habits Teacher
- Chinese Interpreter
- "A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned"
- Help feed hungry New Yorkers. (...
- Client Advocate
- Make a Difference! Make a Food...
- Caregiver Coach
- Help homebound seniors organize...
- Administrative Assistant Volunteer
- Outreach Volunteer
- Food Pantry Intake Manager
- Volunteer Interpreter
- Korean Interpreter
- Help Families and Individuals...
- English for Speakers of Other...
- Attend Orientation to be a...