Teaching Fellowship for Industry Professionals
DONATE TO THIS
18 people are interested
Have you considered becoming a teacher? Do you enjoy leading, creating, organizing, and serving others? Are you motivated to give back and improve your community and the world? Inspire the next generation of innovators by beginning the transition to teaching middle or high school as your next career.
The EnCorps STEM Teaching Fellowship is a rigorous on-ramp to a teaching career - offering you the field experience, knowledge and connections to ensure you thrive. EnCorps has won regional, state, and national awards for our Fellowship experience, which provides a convenient, guided, and seamless pathway into teaching for STEM industry professionals that can be started while you are still working.
EnCorps is looking for passionate and driven science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) industry professionals who want to make a difference in urban education with the following eligibility criteria:
- Three or more years* of science, technology, engineering or math industry or research experience (*please see our full eligibility criteria here: http://encorps.org/join/eligibility/)
- Do not currently hold a California single subject teaching credential
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree with a 2.50 GPA or higher
- Currently live in an area we serve (Greater San Francisco Bay Area, Greater Sacramento Area, Greater Los Angeles Area, Orange County, Greater San Diego)
- Fully eligible to work in the United States (US Citizen, Permanent Resident, Work Visa)
- *You do NOT need prior experience in education*
Apply online at http://encorps.org/apply by our MID-YEAR DEADLINE: November 16, 2018
As an EnCorps Teaching Fellow:
- Train to teach this winter by volunteering 2-5 hours per week in a local classroom as a guest teacher
- Receive mentorship and coaching from EnCorps staff and an experienced host teacher
- Complete teaching exams with support from EnCorps
- In the spring, enter one of two online teaching credentialing programs: Career and Technical Education by Orange County Department of Education or Single Subject Credential by Alliant International University
- Engage in a robust slate of professional development and collaborate with a cohort of peers
- In fall 2019, begin full time teaching in a school district or charter network
"I saw a spark in those kids, I want to see more of that. If I can be a little inspiration to them that would be worth it." -EnCorps Fellow Erika Parker
How will I earn my credential?
EnCorps works with two online programs for teaching credentials:
- Career and Technical Education by Orange County Department of Education - earn your credential in as little as 3 months.
- Single Subject Credential by Alliant International University - EnCorps’ exclusive partnership with Alliant allows Fellows a 25% tuition reduction. You can earn your credential while being paid to teach.
Find out more
- Visit our website at http://encorps.org/ or check out our next EnCorps 101 webinar at http://encorps.org/join/calendar-of-events/
- Get in touch with Bethany Orozco, Southern California Recruitment Director, at email@example.com or 310-293-9220
We'll work with your schedule.
San Diego AreaSan Diego, CA 91945
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Variable (2-5 hours per week) with flexible times
- Tuberculosis screen and livescan fingerprinting required by schools.