Want to help newcomers gain the English skills and confidence needed to be active members in the community?
English at Large is a nonprofit that provides individual and small group instruction through a volunteer network to adult immigrants and other newcomers who want to acquire English language skills as they adapt to life in the United States. Our vision is that newcomers to the United States will develop the English language skills and acquire the cultural knowledge needed to fully engage in their communities and fulfill their life goals.
Conversation Group Co-Facilitator: Facilitate group meetings in which intermediate and advanced ESOL learners practice English conversation. This is a weekly, 1.5-hour commitment for a minimum of 3 months.
Become a part of our network of 180+ volunteers! Free training and ongoing support provided.
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours, weekly
- Volunteer in a small, friendly,...
- English Tutor in Acton
- ESOL Tutor in Wakefield, MA
- English Tutor in Waltham
- ESOL Tutor in Medford
- Monday Morning ESOL Group Leader...
- Basic English Volunteer ESL...
- ESOL Tutor for Recent Immigrants
- Internships working with English...
- Tuesday Morning ESOL Group...
- English Tutor in Lexington
- ESOL Group Leader (Woburn)