Forest Dreamers Volunteers
4 people are interested
Volunteers in the Forest Dreamers at Irvine serve as teaching aides to help facilitate nature-based play in a safe, calm learning environment. Duties include engaging with children during daily activities, assisting with outdoor exploration, and helping with set-up and clean-up. The Forest Dreamers is an immersive outdoor program. Volunteers must be physically capable of hiking up to three mile per day, embrace being outdoors in all weather conditions, and eager to engage with children throughout the class.
* Experience and/or strong desire to work with children ages 4-6 years old
* Enthusiasm and curiosity about the natural world
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Strong communications skills
* Positive attitude and professional demeanor
* Your own transportation and outdoor apparel/gear (i.e. boots, raingear, backpack, etc.)
*Current First Aid/CPR helpful, but not required.
Variable depending on the Forest Dreamers’ needs. All classes are held Tuesday and Thursday mornings, between 9:30am-12:30pm. Minimum time commitment is 8 hours/week. Must commit to a full semester (Sept.-Dec. or Mar.-May.)
We'll work with your schedule.
Irvine Nature Center11201 Garrison Forest RoadOwings Mills, MD 21117
- Child Development
- Outdoor Recreation
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum time commitment is 8 hours/week.