Nature store interns provide sales and stocking assistance to the nature store manager. Interns are responsible for interacting with the general public including greeting and welcoming visitors, promoting Irvine’s mission, answering questions and providing information about the Nature Center, Nature store, exhibits and programs, promoting membership and acting as a representative of the Nature Center.
* Interacting with customers, shopping in the Nature Store, to ensure they are served including answering questions, assisting them with purchases, cashiering and encouraging their return.
* Assist in creating store displays to coincide with upcoming educational events and programs.
* Price and re-stock merchandise as needed.
* Preparing daily transactions reports and balancing the cash drawer.
* Strong people and communication skills
* Computer experience necessary
* Must present self in a professional manner in accordance with company policies
* Some general office and/or sales or customer service experience
* Strong organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks
* Dependable and punctual
* Ability to lift 50lbs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 hour shifts
- After-School Program Intern
- Earth Friends Homeschool Program...
- Children’s Nature Series...
- Nature Preschool Volunteers
- Urban Education Intern
- Special Event Intern
- Do you have a green thumb? Join...
- Forest Dreamers Volunteers
- Volunteer Naturalist
- Animal Care & Exhibits Intern
- Development Intern
- Nature Store Intern/Volunteer
- Naturalist Intern