Volunteers in The Nature Preschool at Irvine serve as teaching aides to help facilitate nature-based play in a safe, calm learning environment. Duties include reading to children, assisting with outdoor exploration, engaging with children during daily hikes, and helping with set-up and clean-up. Volunteers must be physically capable of hiking up to two miles per day. Per our licensing agreement all volunteers must comply with State regulations, attend an orientation, and participate in periodic preschool staff meetings and events.
NOTE: Candidates for this position must display a sincere interest in working with children. Engaging in conversation, making connections and facilitating the children's interests are imperative.
* Experience and/or strong desire to work with children ages 3-5 years old
* Enthusiasm and curiosity about the natural world
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Strong communications skills
* Positive attitude and professional demeanor
* Your own transportation
* Current First Aid/CPR helpful, but not required.
Variable depending on The Nature Preschool needs. Minimum time commitment is 3.5 hours/week. Maximum is 40 hours/week. Must commit to a full semester (Sept. - Dec. or Jan.-May) or for a full school year (Sept.-May). Must attend an orientation training prior to starting the internship.
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 3.5 hours/Max 40 hours
- After-School Program Intern
- Are you handy and like the...
- Project Clean Stream
- Earth Friends Homeschool Program...
- Children’s Nature Series...
- Nature Preschool Volunteers
- Special Event Intern
- Do you have a green thumb? Join...
- Forest Dreamers Volunteers
- Volunteer Naturalist
- Animal Care & Exhibits Intern
- Development Intern
- Youth Program Leader- Summer...
- Naturalist Intern