Volunteers in the Earth Friends Homeschool Programs at Irvine serve as teaching aides to help facilitate nature-based exploration and play in a safe, calm learning environment. Duties include engaging with children during daily activities, assisting with outdoor exploration, and helping with set-up and clean-up. Volunteers must be physically capable of hiking up to three mile per day and eager to engage with children throughout the class.
* Experience and/or strong desire to work with children ages 5-12 years old
* Enthusiasm and curiosity about the natural world
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Strong communications skills
* Positive attitude and professional demeanor
* Your own transportation
*Current First Aid/CPR helpful, but not required.
Variable depending on the Earth Friends Homeschool Programs' needs. All classes are held in the afternoons, between 1:00pm-3:30pm, Monday-Thursday. Minimum time commitment is 4 hours/week. Must commit to a full semester (Sept.-Dec. or Feb.-May.)
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Minimum 4 hours/week
- Do you have a green thumb? Join...
- After-School Program Intern
- Forest Dreamers Volunteers
- Volunteer Naturalist
- Development Intern
- Are you handy and like the...
- Earth Friends Homeschool Program...
- Children’s Nature Series...
- Nature Preschool Volunteers
- Youth Program Leader- Summer...
- Special Event Intern