Volunteers in the Children’s Nature Series at Irvine serve as teaching aides to help facilitate nature-based play in a safe, calm learning environment. Duties include engaging with children and parents during daily activities, assisting with outdoor exploration, and helping with set-up and clean-up. Volunteers must be physically capable of hiking up to one mile per day and eager to engage with children and their caregivers throughout the class.
* Experience and/or strong desire to work with children ages birth-6 years old
* Enthusiasm and curiosity about the natural world
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Strong communications skills
* Positive attitude and professional demeanor
* Your own transportation
*Current First Aid/CPR helpful, but not required.
Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Outdoor Education, or Human Services. Natural sciences, social work, or related fields also considered.
Variable depending on the Children’s Nature Series needs. All classes are held in the mornings, usually between 9:00am-12pm, Monday-Saturday. Minimum time commitment is 3.5 hours/week. Must commit to a full semester (Sept. - Dec. or Feb.-May.)
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3.5 hours/week
- Do you have a green thumb? Join...
- After-School Program Intern
- Forest Dreamers Volunteers
- Volunteer Naturalist
- Development Intern
- Are you handy and like the...
- Earth Friends Homeschool Program...
- Children’s Nature Series...
- Nature Preschool Volunteers
- Youth Program Leader- Summer...
- Special Event Intern