55 people are interested
Meal Delivery Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Metro Meals on Wheels
Please visit the new page to apply.
55 people are interested
Every day, Meals on Wheels volunteers deliver meals to 4,000 people in the Twin Cities Area. If you are looking for a way to become more connected to your community and have meaningful interactions with the people in it, sign up to become a meal delivery volunteer and bring someone a nutritious meal over your lunch hour! There is no minimum commitment--you decide how often you want to volunteer. Meals are delivered between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. With 32 site across the Metro, there is sure to be one that is convenient for you.
Job Description: Volunteer to help bring nutritious meals to those in your community by:
- Picking up meals at your neighborhood meals site
- Deliver meals to 8-10 clients in their homes (detailed directions are provided!)
- Providing a social connection for clients by spending a few minutes chatting with them.
- Driver must have own transportation and license
- Driver must be available for one hour over lunch time to deliver meals
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Feel good because you are helping individuals in our community receive nutritious meals and the human connection they need to enable them to live independently!
- Enjoy strengthened connections to your local community
Benefits to the Client and/or Program:
- Meals on Wheels volunteers are part of a huge effort -The meals delivered each day provide much needed nutrition for seniors and people with disabilities as well as a vital human connection.
- One hour of your time delivers 10 hot meals, 10 safety checks, and 10 smiles to those in need.
For more information visit our website at www.meals-on-wheels.com, call our office at 612-623-3363, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Metro Meals on Wheels
1200 Washington Ave S, Suite 380, Minneapolis, MN 55415, US
Metro Meals on Wheels is the association of 32 Meals on Wheels programs in the Twin Cities metro area. With our program partners, we lead the effort to make sure people in our community receive the nutritious meals and the human connection they need to help them live independently.
Meals on Wheels is a community-based service that provides fresh, nutritious meals delivered directly to the homes of seniors and individuals with disabilities throughout the Twin Cities. In addition to regularly providing healthy food, caring volunteers provide social connection that helps meal recipients remain living independently in their own homes.
With the help of Meals on Wheels programs, seniors and people with disabilities get the nourishment and human connection needed to support daily activities, while reducing the need for medical support. For some recipients, these daily meals are the difference between living in their own homes and moving to a nursing home.
Meals on Wheels could not exist without the help of volunteers who deliver the meals and donors who help those who cannot afford to pay for the meals.
Every year volunteers deliver more than a million meals in the Metro area. With over 32 locations in the Twin Cities there is sure to be a program near you! Please join us!
Multiple locations Minneapolis, MN 55415
September 7, 2023
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Meal delivery routes are designed to take about one hour over lunch time