Every day, Meals on Wheels volunteers deliver meals to over 4,000 people in the Twin Cities Area. If you are looking for a way to become more connected to your community and have meaningful interactions with the people in it, sign up to become a meal delivery volunteer and bring someone a nutritious meal over your lunch hour! There is no minimum commitment--you decide how often you want to volunteer. Meals are delivered between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. With 30 site across the metro, there is sure to be one that is convenient for you.
Volunteer to help bring nutritious meals to those in your community by:
- Picking up meals at your neighborhood meals site
- Deliver meals to 8-10 clients in their homes (detailed directions are provided!), and
- Providing a social connection for clients by spending a few minutes chatting with them.
- Driver must have own transportation and license
- Driver must be available for one hour over lunch time to deliver meals
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Feel good because you are helping individuals in our community receive nutritious meals and the human connection they need to enable them to live independently!
- Enjoy strengthened connections to your local community
Benefits to the Client and/or Program:
- Meals on Wheels volunteers are part of a huge effort -The meals delivered each day provide much needed nutrition for seniors and people with disabilities as well as a vital human connection.
- One hour of your time delivers 10 hot meals, 10 safety checks, and 10 smiles to those in need.
Send us a message or sign up immediately online at http://meals-on-wheels.volunteerhub.com
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training