Meal Delivery Volunteer
4 people are interested
Every day, Meals on Wheels volunteers deliver meals to over 4,000 people in the Twin Cities Area. If you are looking for a way to become more connected to your community and have meaningful interactions with the people in it, sign up to become a meal delivery volunteer and bring someone a nutritious meal over your lunch hour! There is no minimum commitment--you decide how often you want to volunteer. Meals are delivered between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. With 32 site across the metro, there is sure to be one that is convenient for you.
Job Description: Volunteer to help bring nutritious meals to those in your community by:
- Picking up meals at your neighborhood meals site
- Deliver meals to 8-10 clients in their homes (detailed directions are provided!)
- Providing a social connection for clients by spending a few minutes chatting with them.
- Driver must have own transportation and license
- Driver must be available for one hour over lunch time to deliver meals
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Feel good because you are helping individuals in our community receive nutritious meals and the human connection they need to enable them to live independently!
- Enjoy strengthened connections to your local community
Benefits to the Client and/or Program:
- Meals on Wheels volunteers are part of a huge effort -The meals delivered each day provide much needed nutrition for seniors and people with disabilities as well as a vital human connection.
- One hour of your time delivers 10 hot meals, 10 safety checks, and 10 smiles to those in need.
For more information visit our website at www.meals-on-wheels.com or contact Eva at 612-623-3363
We'll work with your schedule.
Twin Cities Metro AreaMinneapolis, MN 55415
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training