Jewish Family Service (JFS) is a premiere social service agency with over 50 programs and services open to the entire community. Volunteers help us serve over 35,000 individuals each year!
Title/Position: Facilities Assistant
Program: The Facility Based Services department of JFS is responsible for the efficiency and management of the agency as a whole. Facility Based Services staff ensures that all aspects of office administration run smoothly, whether it be maintaining technology and cleanliness at the office, setting up conference rooms, and creating business plans and procedures.
Goal of Position: By assisting facilities staff, the facilities assistant will help increase office efficiency and keep up with maintenance needs in a bustling non-profit environment. Thus allowing staff and clients thrive in a safe, clean, and up to date work space.
- Opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and experience in regards to facilities management
- Work with friendly staff who are passionate about their work
- Be part of an adaptable team that is capable of scaling large projects
- General office repairs, organizing and cleaning
- Set up rooms for events
- Space planning
- Assist with office changes/adjustments
- Assist with moving furniture (can be up to 150 LB)
- Enter and maintain data entry of work orders
- Inventory and monitor office supplies
- Assist in office setup, OSHA material, check parking permits
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Friendly, reliable, self-motivated. and responsible
- Timely - shows up on time and stays for duration of entire shift
- Must be able to take direction and stay on task
- Experience using power tools a plus
- Experience in office maintenance a plus
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
- Must be able to provide own transportation to the JFS Turk Family Center
- Complete volunteer phone screening with Volunteer Engagement and in-person interview with the Facilities Manager
- Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
- Must abide by agency policies: No talking on personal cell-phone and no smoking on grounds
- Agree to background check, reference check, and privacy & security policy
Office is open from 8:30-5:00 p.m. Scheduling is flexible and determined by volunteer and the Director of Facility Bases Services. Volunteers are asked to make a 3 month commitment.
Worksite/Department: Jewish Family Service * Turk Family Center * 8804 Balboa Avenue * San Diego * CA 92123
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Facility Based Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 month commitment
- Computer Lab Specialist
- Development Administrative...
- Sunday Funday Survey Administrator
- Food Pantry Downtown needs You...
- Give Rides & Smiles! San Diego...
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed...
- Corner Market Volunteer
- Food Pantry needs your help to...
- Blog & Social Media Internship
- Child Activity Helper
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Bikkur Holim: Become a Friendly...
- Fresh Market Distribution...
- Translators needed to help...
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Cozy Café-rista
- Nonprofit needs Reception...
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant