Work with Nutrition Department/staff to assist with packing and/or delivering meals to various drop-off sites and client’s houses. Additionally, assist with cleaning kitchen and kitchen areas to maintain food safety requirements.
Essential Volunteer Functions:
Under the direction of Volunteer Coordinator and/or Nutrition Coordinator:
- Support Meals on Wheels staff in packing, loading and delivering daily meals to various drop-off sites and senior centers.
- Assist with checking in meals from vendor
- Assist with packing meals for the day/next day
- Assist with 5 pack meal boxes
- Will need to enter and exit colder environments i.e. freezer/cooler
- When/if available, deliver meals to home bound clients when meal routes are open.
- Assist with animal food distribution via Meals on Wheels Volunteers
- Assist with reconciling and filing grant documents
- Assist with cleaning kitchen/caf?
Physical Requirements: Moderate Demands: Exerts up to 50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds frequently or 10 pounds constantly
- Must be able to work Monday or Wednesday morning between 7 AM - 12 PM
- Weekly commitment preferred
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 7am-12pm M-F, preferred weekly commitment