Meals on Wheels Kitchen Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
33 people are interested
Do you want to volunteer with Meals on Wheels but don't want to drive or go to people's homes? Are you a morning person? Come help pack meals for delivery! No cooking skills required just counting. Our meals are prepackaged but need to be separated into bags with sides and a drink for each route delivery. We need help M-F 7:30am-9:30pm especially MWF.
Essential Volunteer Functions:
Under the direction of Volunteer Coordinator and/or Nutrition Coordinator:
- Support Meals on Wheels staff in packing, loading and delivering daily meals to various drop-off sites and senior centers.
- Assist with checking in meals from vendor
- Assist with packing meals for the day/next day
- Assist with 5 pack meal boxes
- Will need to enter and exit colder environments i.e. freezer/cooler
- When/if available, deliver meals to home bound clients when meal routes are open.
- Assist with animal food distribution via Meals on Wheels Volunteers
- Assist with reconciling and filing grant documents
- Assist with cleaning kitchen/caf?
Physical Requirements: Moderate Demands: Exerts up to 50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds frequently or 10 pounds constantly
- Must be able to work Monday, Wednesday, or Friday morning between 7 AM - 12 PM
- Weekly commitment preferred
We'll work with your schedule.
1150 Powder Springs StMarietta, GA 30064
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 7am-12pm M-F, preferred weekly commitment