resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure
that each volunteer
is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward
Title/Position: Kitchen Aide
Program: The JFS Nutrition Program produces over 85,000 kosher meals per year in its state of the
art kitchen located at 8804 Balboa Avenue. The meals are delivered to four senior Social & Wellness
Centers and to homebound seniors and younger disabled adults throughout San Diego County.
Goal of Position:
The Kitchen Aide assists in meal production (food prep) and in general cleanup of the kitchen.
The Kitchen Aide is a vital part of the team that ensures vulnerable San Diegans receive a
nutritious meal, which helps them maintain good health and maximizes their independence.
Food prep, packaging, general clean up.
Great team player; willingness to complete the Food Handlers Certificate test which can be taken on
site through the Nutrition Manager.
1. Must be able to provide own transportation to the Turk Family Center, 8804 Balboa Avenue
2. Must be at least 18 years old
3. Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
4. Complete volunteer interview and orientation with JFS Volunteer Engagement
Minimum 20 hours total. Flexible Monday - Friday shifts between 7am-3pm.
Jewish Family Service * Turk Family Center * 8804 Balboa Avenue * San Diego, CA * 92123
Immediate Supervisor: Nutrition Manager
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum 20 hours
- Musical Entertainers Needed!
- Event Planning Internship
- Development Administrative...
- Friendly Match: Mentor a Refugee...
- St. Paul's Cathedral: Help...
- Prepare Warm Meals to Feed Your...
- Give a Ride and a Smile: Older...
- Community Presenter Wanted!...
- Mandarin Translator
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed!
- Nutrition Server: Help Serve...
- Corner Market Volunteer
- Camp Pendleton & Murphy Canyon:...
- Blog & Social Media Internship
- Corner Market Volunteer: Restore...
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Home Not Alone: Help an Older...
- Nonprofit Reception Support...
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant