The Youth Volunteer Corps AmeriCorps Team Leader plans and supervises youth volunteers at meaningful, team-based, service-learning projects all over the greater Kansas City area. Our team leaders encourage youth to understand and appreciate our diverse community. They create a fun program with an environment that creates positive experiences where youth truly make a difference.
AmeriCorps is a national program whose members are engaged in strengthening communities through their commitment to serve. Youth Volunteer Corps (YVC) is a national network of programs that offer 11-18 year olds the opportunity to improve their community through volunteering. Diverse groups of Youth Volunteers from across the community are mobilized into teams to complete these projects at a variety of worthy not-for-profit agencies.
We are currently looking for seven AmeriCorps members. These members will serve a minimum of 1720 hours between August 2016 and July 2017.
- Living stipend around $480 every two weeks
- Education award of $5,730 at end of service period
- Free YMCA Membership
- Health benefits
- Develop leadership and job-related skills
- Work with a variety of local nonprofits, making contacts for future employment
- Mileage reimbursement and college credit available
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification and a variety of other professional development options available
- Join the growing movement of youth service with a true pioneer in the field
- Serve your country as an AmeriCorps Member
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- minimum of 1720 hours
- high school diploma/GED,