Executive Assistant to the Founder/Executive Director (Volunteer/Intern)
Internship Summary Interested in Non-Profit Management? Get front-row, hands-on experience from a seasoned ED in this intern role! The primary focus of the Executive Assistant role will be to provide administrative and program support to the Executive Director.
- Manage and perform advanced, diversified, and confidential administrative duties for the Organization
- Maintain a warm, professional demeanor; greet visitors, clients, and co-workers in a cyclically demanding work environment
- Ensure that workflow is handled for maximum efficiency. Be proactive in anticipating needs of the Director.
- Proactively manage calendar to accommodate shifting priorities; ensure all parties impacted by required changes are treated with the utmost courtesy and professionalism
- Correspond with staff and clients, as directed by the Director
- Coordinate details of onsite and offsite meetings, in support of scheduled events.
- Role requires personal flexibility to accommodate certain scheduled tasks that are time sensitive and ability to work extended hours, when necessary, in preparation and facilitation of scheduled events during the year, including occasional weekends.
- Read, sort, route and respond to incoming mail, interoffice documents and e-mail correspondence
- Set up, organize and maintain files and other records so that they are easily accessible
- Maintain a positive disposition and good work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills to create and maintain an ordered work environment
- Ability to research critical business information in a timely fashion (internet, through internal experts, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage one’s own time appropriately given shifting priorities
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; highly refined ability to use discretion with regard to confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively with peers, managers, executives, internal & external clients, vendors and a wide range of people with diverse cultural backgrounds. Presents a professional work ethic at all times.
Please click the following link to apply:
- Executive Admin
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training